For



The



Love



Of



Your



Kitchenette


Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cognac syrup.....who knew

I am not one to sit down after a long day and sip on a scotch or cognac.....I can't even remember the last time I might have tried some, so when I came across this recipe from Gourmet magazine I was intrigued. Tomorrow I am using it to feed my husband and his best friend who is staying with us while he is visiting from Utah. Cognac Syrup over orange infused pancakes and sugared orange slices:) I will post pictures!
Let me know what you think and try try try......you could use any type of strong sipping liquor to make a syrup just like this.

Enjoy!!
Loves, SMK






Cognac Syrup

1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
strips of one fresh orange zest
2/3 cup cognac

Bring all ingredients to a boil in a 1 quart saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.


Let cool for 15 minutes before pouring into carafe. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Keeps for up to one month in refrigerator.




P.S. Make sure not to walk away for too long and get distracted while boiling or you might end up with cognac candy ;) Not that this happened to me and not that I had to start all over but if you go to your pot and it looks like this:
you now have candy.....not syrup!!
Just a word to the wise...

P.P.S Not that it happened to me 

No comments:

Post a Comment